Termites or white ants fit in with the insect family called isopteran and there are 1800 different species of these little creatures. However, all of them are feeding on wooden material specifically on dead wood since they convert cellulose into energy for living. Termites are very dangerous insects for many United states households in way that most houses were built by using wood for structural partitions and columns.
Termites are aggressive destroyers and they need to be treated professionally because the infestation is definitely immense. As treatment generally involves specialized tools, equipment and chemicals, home treatment solution only works in localized area but extermination of termites needs specialist. Below I will present some really useful methods that will help you to definitely cope with these destructive insects.
Effective Termite Control Methods:
1. Fumigation: This works best on dry wood termites, though much will extremely effective. This process is long because it involves tenting the infested structure, evacuating the residents and pumping gas to the spoiled wood to get rid of all insects and their eggs.
2. Insecticides: The insecticides could be shot directly in to the diseased wood or in the floor or soil. Holes are drilled within the infested wood and chemicals are pumped through the holes. Termites will whither and die within 6 months. Each holed is sealed in order to prevent them from coming out and attacking different structure.
3. Heat treatment: This is one of the effective termite control strategies to exterminate dry wood termites out of your premises. Propane heat is blown in to the structure and interior and exterior walls are heated to 120 degrees F. this methods do not cause any structural damages.
4. Freezing: Works best for small areas. Liquid nitrogen is pushed into the infested areas and walls or their nests are freezing. This method works well in the last stages of colony growth.
5. Boric acid: Boric acid is dissolved and painted within the infested area. This can help to keep termites away for a long time. This really is effective in wood treatment and again works best like a safety measure.
6. Microwave rays: Small areas like windows, doors, and walls can be treated with this method. Microwave device shoot rays and termites can be killed within 2-3 days.
You can make your premises termite proof by undertaking anti-termite treatment during construction. Termites won't invade easily once you employ pre-construction anti-termite treatment.